Friday, October 31, 2014

Discouragement

        I have had a lot of pain and heart ache in the past few years. It has been very hard to write anything because of this. We all go through heart aches and pain I know but we must keep in mind that we all handle it differently. This is because we are all different and unique in our own way. But I pulled through it recently and am now starting to write again. A personal experience helped me with that little boost I needed to keep writing. It reminded me that with Christ we can heal and move on to do more of his great work. Here is a little account of that personal experience.

        I recently met a kindred spirit and sister in Christ. She has been writing poetry all her life as well. I ran into her at my local library. I was there using the internet as it was faster to take care of some blogging. I saw her walk past me to sit on the couch nearby; she had brought with her yarn and knitting pins to crochet something. As I saw her sit down and start to stitch I thought to myself she must be waiting on someone. I finished my online business and proceeded to walk past her heading to the ladies room and something told me to speak to her so my firsts response was to comment on her knitting. I've always admire those that had the patience for it because anything knitted always represented a delicate and graceful love. She smiled and instead of saying thank you in response like most did she said, "Hello! How are you?" This took me back and I told her I was good and ask how she was. She smiled with that joyful smile that reached her eyes and said "I'm great!" I then repeated the compliment about her knitting and she said she knits for the needy proceeding to tell me the story of how she knitted a bunch of mittens for the children of a Navajo reservation. Eventually we started to discuss Christ and how great he was; both of us quoting his word pertaining to our own life experiences. She eventually gave me some of her writings in booklets while explaining how God has blessed her to write inspirational poetry for him. She expressed how a lot of it was based upon bible scriptures. I smiled and said thank you while receiving her literature. I felt overwhelmed at how I wasn't alone in writing inspirational poetry from The Lord! Finally I found someone I can relate to! She also related of how she came to Christ when she was 41, she is 88 now. She said that she did some bad things before then. She then said with tears welling in her eyes, "I feel overjoyed to know that he died for me and has forgiven me of all me sins!" I then proceeded to agree with her and account of how I overcame reoccurring sins that we must repent daily for. I said it occurred to me one day, 'Who do you think you are to believe that your sins are greater and bigger than God himself?!' Tears welled in her eyes as she smiled and said you are absolutely right and she was very glad she met me. As I was leaving we exchanged information to keep in touch. This woman was definitely part of Gods will in my life! Her name was Bertha Fontaine and I am posting a poem from her 7th book of poetry.

No comments:

Post a Comment